1. We are a uniformed organisation so we have to wear uniform. Uniform is your green shirt and your Necker. You will need to come to scouts in your uniform for every scout meeting unless we tell you otherwise. If in doubt come in uniform and then you don’t get into trouble.
2. As far as we know, you all have access to either a telephone or the internet. If you can’t come to a scout night all we ask is that you let us know that you’re not coming, just ring, email, text or send a message by pigeon if you need to. Please try to give us as much notice as possible, e.g. if you have been off school all day Ill, please don’t leave it until 6.50pm to let me know.
3. We put information on the website for YOU to READ. As scouts you are old enough to read the website yourself rather than your parents doing it for you. Please read the information that is on there. Please don’t text me to say "Do we need to wear Necker’s?" when the kit list says ‘wear a Necker.’ Please don’t text me asking if you need to bring any money when the permission form says ‘cost £1.50′ etc.
4. We start at 7pm a few of you have been coming late. One of the scout laws is "A scout makes good use of time," when you’re arriving late you’re not making good use of time.
If you’re late it can disrupt things and hold things up. "I had my tea late isn’t really much of an excuse," but if there is a problem and you are going to be late please let us know. Some of you managed to get to Cubs for 6.30pm so should easily be able to get to scouts for 7pm.
5. In the horseshoe when you come to the alert you should be stood still in silence until you breakaway or are dismissed. This is a mark of respect for the ceremony of Flag Break and Flag down etc. Please make sure you are stood still and silent when at the alert.
6. When we give you a date to make payments by, this is usually because we have to pass on the money to someone else by a specific date. Some of you have been coming with money 2-3 weeks after it should have been paid. If you have any problems with paying money by a specific date please talk to us.
7. “A scout has self respect and respect for others is one of the Scout Laws.” Some of you have been breaking this by ignoring young leaders/leaders, or being cheeky and back chatting. If you are asked by a leader, young leader or PL/APL to do something then you are expected to do it.
8. You don’t need mobile phones during most scout nights/activities/events. We would prefer you not to bring them as we cannot guarantee their security (particularly on camps), but if you do bring them they should be switched off and out of view. Any phones seen by leaders will be confiscated and given to your parents.
Sorry to nag guys but some of you need this reminder. On a more positive note, quite a few of you are doing all the above as they should be, it’s just the odd few letting you down. On the whole you’re a great troop of Scouts that we are very proud of and we enjoy spending our time with you all. Please make sure the things above happen as they should do so that we can all continue to enjoy scouting in the fun way that it should be.